Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 2

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, wide-awake, for no reason. I was really thirsty so I had a glass of water, and by 6 my stomach was growling. So I at:
A medium apple (70)
~ 1 oz of cashews (167)

I’m inside my head too much. It’s good to have goals and to aspire to something, in my case losing weight and looking good, but I can’t let it consume me. Life is about balance. I can’t make this weight loss into an obsession or it’s never going to be enough. If I focus solely on this and I reach my goal weight, then what am I going to do? I know it won’t ever be enough, so I have to make sure that I’m living my life, and this is just a little side project. I can’t daydream about how great my life is going to be when I lose weight, because the fact of the matter is losing weight isn’t going to make my life better; it’s going to make my body better. I love myself and I love being in my skin, and being the person I have become. My body doesn’t define who I am; it’s just an accessory, a tool to express myself. It does need to be taken care of, but it’s not the end of the world if I have some extra pudge. This realization has taken me a long time to come, but I’m glad I finally come to know this, now I just need to apply it fully.

Hungry around 8:33
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt (25)
¼ cup frozen berries (23)
12oz latte (180)
2 splendas (0)

Lunch at 11:00
½ cup green Chile stew (100)
¼ cup wasabi peas (120)
Wanted something sweet so I had some sugar free ice cream with diet root beer… need to stop eating ice cream.
¾ cup ice cream (150)

12:00
Ok I don’t like sitting around, so no more TV. I just want to snack because I’m bored, so I’m going to start cleaning, I called my grandma and we’re gonna go to the gym together. I have a date tonight; I’m going to dinner at a really nice restaurant with G at 7 tonight, so I’m going to get moving around.
Before this journaling I had:
½ poptart (100)
½ serving of white cheddar popcorn (85)
Apple (70)

I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 15 minutes, and walked for 30 on the treadmill. Burned around 350 cals
Was hungry so had another small snack
Trail mix (100)
Some shrimp (60) 1250

Went to dinner on a date, had a really good time. Had
2 glasses of champagne (144)
Trout appetizer, just a few bites (100)
EntrĂ©e was swordfish with zucchini and coos coos, only ate a little… guessing (300)
A few bites of cheesecake (100)
1894 total, could have been less or more but that’s what I’m going with… not too bad. I feel good about the day overall.

REFLECTION:
I could have gone without the ice cream, the trail mix, the popcorn, and the 1/2 poptart and saved 435 calories. Those are the things I need to pay attention to. It may seem like just a few bites, but it does add up, I could have been closer to 1500 calories, and that does make a difference.... I need to choose my bites more wisely.

This food recording thing is really good... it's kinda good to reflect on the mistakes and see the small changes I can make to get a good deficit.

No comments: