Friday, January 22, 2010

Waking Up

I'm starting this blog after months of telling myself I'm going to lose 5 pounds by the end of this month, and never getting there. I think I'm eating less and exercising enough, but results don't lie. I've heard all this hype about journaling all of the food you eat and your feelings and what not; and it's time to try it out.

I'm allergic to gluten, so I stay away from it for the most part. Every once in a while I break down and eat a cookie, but then I pay for it later. Plus you'd figure since I can't eat any of that stuff, losing weight would be so easy, but the scale won't budge. I weighed myself 2 days ago and I was at 164, then this morning I was back up to 167. This was so much more frustrating due to the fact that I leaned to snowboard all day yesterday in deep powder, which was such a hard workout, and I gained weight. I swear I felt like I didn't eat that much, especially since I worked out so hard. It's just so frustrating. So I'm starting off today and I'm going to make conscious choices to eat less and drink more water.

I weigh 167, I'm about 5'9" or 5'8.5", I wear a size ten, and I want to be a size about a 6. I think my goal weight will be around 140-145... I just need to get there.


FOOD LOG

Breakfast:
7:30 had a glass of water and a medium apple (70)
9:40 still hungry so ate ¾ large banana and glass of water (90)
10:00 had a 16oz latte with 2% milk and 2 splenda packets (192)

I wanted to eat more after the banana because I was a little frustrated, but I didn’t because I knew I wasn’t actually hungry. I’m trying to break this cycle, and it’s going to take some time and perseverance, but I know I can do it.

I feel good, I’ve just been lying around, and am super soar from snowboarding yesterday. We have sooo much snow and I want to go skiing, but I need to give my body a break. I got whiplash and hit my sternum pretty hard yesterday, but I’ll be back out tomorrow. My right inner thigh is so sore I can’t hardly lift it, so for exercise I’ll just go walk on the treadmill for an hour or so this afternoon.

Lunch:
12:30
10 shrimp (200)
some mixed sautéed veggies in alfredo sauce (150)
~ 2 cups spinach (14)

Snack:
Apple (70)
2 tbsp peanut butter (210)

Dinner:
Wasn’t much of a dinner, I had white cheddar popcorn (340)
Diet root beer
About ½ cup of green chile stew (100)
Total 1156

Doesn’t seem like that many calories, but I am stuffed. I’m not going for any specific number, I’m just trying to go on how I feel energy wise. I think some days you need less that others.


Edit:
We did some cooking this evening, and I think my down fall is in the evening. I ate:
3 shrimp (50)
1/2 no sugar ice cream (100)
Anything else I might have forgot I'll just tack on 100 more calories 


Total 1406... snacking makes a big difference, especially when you aren't paying attention.

No comments: